Life's Greatest
Saturday, October 23, 2010

I was at an old man's place, when I saw a Chinese scroll hanging on his wall. I was quite enthused by it. I asked him where he bought it, as I would like to have it. After a while, when he saw I really liked it, he took it down and gave it to me! I was very grateful. Below is a translation.

  1. Life's greatest enemy, is yourself;
  2. Life's greatest failure, is yourself;
  3. Life's greatest ignorance, is cheating;
  4. Life's greatest sadness, is jealousy;
  5. Life's greatest mistake, is self-abandonment;
  6. Life's most admirable, is the spirit of learning;
  7. Life's greatest bankruptcy, is the loss of all hope;
  8. Life's greatest fortune, is good health;
  9. Life's greatest debt, is the debt of honour;
  10. Life's greatest gift, is forgiveness;
  11. Life's greatest deficiency, is the lack of wisdom;
  12. Life's greatest comfort, is the ability to give;
  13. Life's most depressing temperament, is a lack of self-respect;
  14. Life's greatest sin, is self-deception, and deception of others.


Jacqueline on 9:49 AM