Encourage the heart
Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I was teaching some of my learners on how in effective and courteous interpersonal communication, for instance, we shld make statements of agreement, praise, and/or affirmation, if we honestly feel so. This is to improve their conversational skills.

I added this also helps for growing relationships and for a healthier them, since they wld not suppress their genuine, positive, and healthy feelings abt themselves and others. ‘If you deeply feel positively so, say so.’ At the end of the session, a group came up to me: ‘Sir, you are brilliant…you are really gd…I enjoy your classes very much…you are handsome…’to the point I was blushing! Then they said: ‘really ah, sir. Really’. Despite hvg to take care of my throat etc, this is why I enjoy learning – do we really need to ‘learn to learn’? Just follow your heart (Kouzes and Posner).


Jacqueline on 10:17 AM