Revelation
Monday, February 07, 2011

Below is a revelation I shared with Mrs. Saves me the work of sharing if anyone asks me about when the second child would be. And to clarify my mind.

Deary, I had a revelation. I've decided not to have a second child, not to make you go through the suffering of pregnancy and delivery again. We will concentrate all our resources on Shaun. I suddenly felt your dad's heart pain at making his daughter go through the suffering again, and I certainly don't want my wife to go through it too. I'm also reflective that if we have a second child, by the time he or she is 20, I'll be 56, and you, 49. I also feel responsible for bringing another life into this world. Burdening my old parents too. We'll just hope that you, me, and Shaun all live a healthy long life together. We can also bring Shaun along for our tours soon in a few years. And we can concentrate on poring through all his books together when he starts school. Financially, we'll also have less to worry about and may have some slack. I'll let my mum, all family, and close friends know of my decision (I know you'll be happy about it..), so they won't ask us again.

Reflecting in this deep silent night that life is complicated with all the emotional relationships. Let's have less to deal with. We can start our spiritual cultivation too. We don't live forever. You and Shaun are two of the biggest blessings of my life. I'm contented and happy.


Jacqueline on 1:25 AM